10/31/2017

An Autumn Reminder

That day was the day when I would be departing to Seoul for a short vacation with my family. I was killing time around 4-5pm with nothing else to do (finished packing already) so I decided to read Qur'an translation and tafseer, considering reading its translation required more specific time in order to gain precise comprehension.

Since it was a translation which I didn't read sequentially, I just randomly opened the Qur'an and I stumbled upon Surah Hadid. I kept reading and reading, taking notes, and browse for some YouTube videos about its tafseer. Until then I read this verse.

"Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris." (57:20)

It may seem funny or just a plain coincidence but I learnt about this analogy right before I experienced my first East Asian autumn ever where foliage was easy to spot. The day after, when I arrived at Seoul, I was stunned by the beauty of colorful trees and its scattered foliage laid underneath. I pleased my eyes with the precise analogy of life mentioned in Qur'an; beautiful trees turned red or yellow, in which the foliage would become not a living thing anymore. Another gentle reminder about how nothing in this world would last forever, not even the good things about it.


some wordly beauties might be blinding....

....until we ask ourselves, what's all of that for?

Bottom line is, the fact that I was able to open my eyes to enjoy another beauty of Allah's creation while being made to believe about His reminder for our own good, is clearly a blessing which words cannot explicitly express.

More importantly, selalu ada perumpamaan dan waktu untuk membuktikan firmanNya. We just have to look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment