1/07/2015

Just a Common Human's Dissatisfaction

One day I was walking along with someone I know pretty close, just for an evening sightseeing and two cones of ice cream. As we were talking about random things relating to our surroundings—such as why wind does not have any color, or why people find it odd if two guys holding hands—she then opened up a discussion about her perspective on a strong reason for believing to God and religion practices.

According to her personal statement, she thought that one should always remain to refer to whatever the religion talked about God, since it would lead people in this world to peaceful life. She implied that those without this kind of belief may face confusions and further mental depressions in a long run. I wasn’t sure about what she read for gathering relevant information. All I knew she was thinking and observing a lot about so many things that she often came up with her own assumptions before discussing it with anyone around.

“What kind of concrete example that crossed your mind?” I curiously asked—because her statement is too obviously common since most people must have believed in their religion too.

“Well,” she licked her ice cream while we were walking forward under pine trees, “don’t you know that more than half people in this town, no, in this world perhaps, have gone through numerous dissatisfactions every single day, which lead to stress and depression because they can’t accomplish something in this world?”

I nodded. She continued, “It shows that they haven’t a hundred percent committed to trust their God in the end. They still put world’s business first, and not able to surrender. I, for one, think that whenever humans remember their God often and let Him do the rest, they will always live a bit, or a lot more, peacefully compared to those who put world’s business first.” 

There was a total silence as we were falling into our own deep thought and deliciously licking to our own ice creams. After approximately five seconds she continued,“Because God doesn’t require mortal stuffs neither something temporary, but everlasting faith on Him.” and a total silence did occur again up until we finished our ice cream.

A few weeks after the evening chat, I met her again in a different afternoon situation. We sat on a bench and she started talking about her internship application a month ago, feeling annoyed and fully disappointed after reading a letter of rejection the day before.

“So you’re upset, then?” I asked her. At the same time I was wondering if my question was too stupid to ask, as her expression could noticeably tell how much she wanted to enroll in that job position even if it was just as an intern.

“I am, of course. It’s not that I am an absolute concluder, but I’m pretty sure that most applicants don’t even put numerous working experiences like I’ve done on my CV.” She exhaled. “I cried a lot last night. I even wondered if I had done anything disappointing regarding to my skill and well-being, which makes me think I shoulda been accepted.”

She exhaled, yet again. Then I carefully asked her, “Have you talked to God through prayers?”

“I have. But no answers have comforted me.”

I starred at her for some seconds, feeling surprised before I could conclude the main point of her story and point of view: she proved that she was right about God and religion practice talk that evening a few weeks before. Such proven statement was then clear with concrete example of case by thinking that her suggestion was better than God’s final decision. 


I wondered if then she lived peacefully with her own perspective of dissatisfaction.


1 comment:

  1. Dear! you're a very talented writer! keep on writing and analyzing! it's a gift. God bless u and you're bright mind.
    Big love from Surti

    ReplyDelete