6/03/2014

19

I do still remember the feeling I got when I was 5, later when I was 10 and later when I was 16 when I woke up in my birthday. It may seem such a cliche sentence but time flies so fast and now I am getting older for I am now officially 19 years OLD. It is funny how I still remember the moment when I turned 17 and finally got my ID card or KTP, then kept saying "I am a legal adult now!". Two years have passed and here I am. Realizing the truth that time really does fly way too fast.

Life lesson is given each and everyday for those who sensitively search for it, but the way I see my own I can conclude that transforming from 18 to 19 is probably the most complicated phase in my human being.

Maybe this is not really personal since I know that a lot of teenagers have gone through this phase; about to graduate from high school and later adapt in college or working ambience; start planning for future and somehow forced by nature to act like an adult; and conscious or not, when you start to realize you are about to become an adult, things will get slightly or a lot more complicated than usual. Alhamdulillah I have survived the thick and thin and still standing right now.

But things happen and life goes on (another cliche sentence....) for later on either good or bad things attain to create your today's condition as a human being. That's why I am now soooo happy and thankful because I have gone through many things in life for 19 years on earth, and still given chance to taste a dip more about another life lesson. And plus I am surrounded by people who show me kind loves especially today, on my birthday.

I honestly don't expect something huge for this year's birthday because I know that I am now in this situation of living so does everyone else. People are not used to today's crowd, yet. But then I was surprised because some of my friends still managed to come to my room and brought cake! It was such an unexpected action because some of us (including me) would have exam on 9am. It was little thing with huge effort. Another stories from different parts of the world, which is my homeland, were also beautifully delivered via social medias to me. My sweet sweet friends created such nice art that simply made me happy. A clique of boys sent me short video taken in evening beach, and each of them congratulated me by saying "Happy birthday, Fathya!" before the video ended with the scene where they drew my name on the sand. And of course, my family members sent priceless prayers to me for I started to become overwhelmed.

Here, I am going to share (ONLY SOME from) things I have received on my birthday. Several of them describe long distance relationship with people from far far away


These are friends of mine in college from Palembang! Idk they did this on certain purpose or they just edited it and changed the letters on paper LOL. 



This is a lame editing from my current roommate who claimed that she could never really edit a pict. She posted this on Line, Path and Instagram by describing some disgraces of mine, which is fine for me because she put it in funny way. 







Later on around 6am they bumped to sleeping me and sung like I had no neighbor around. They forced me to take a pict so since I was in a rush then I just put on my mukena.... It was touchy because me and my friend in left side would have morning exam. Wondering why I was holding a pack of biscuit? Because the box they gave to me contained a pack of biscuit. And yes I appreciated them since they knew I was such an omnivore. 







This was the last pict sent to me today. He is a friend of mine whom I have made friends with since 11th grade. Up until now all I can describe about him is that he is such a weirdo. He is a friend who texted me in midnight just to remind me to breathe (weirdo, right?). Nevertheless, he is also a friend who makes efforts for this and simply makes me happy. 

I don't think a page of blog is enough to describe the whole thing I feel today. It seems new for me because I am still not used to celebrate birthday not in my own home. But still, I am beyond blessed, not because of the reducing age but the thankful feeling of how you are still loved and belonged until now.

June 3rd 2014 was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment